The medical graduates in the state of Gujarat can be relieved by seeing a hike in the number of medical seats for Post Graduate courses. A total of 75 seats are added in the government medical colleges at Rajkot and Surat for the PG courses.

 

 

As per the latest news, 40 seats are added at Rajkot Medical College and Surat Medical College gets 35 seats more. The major reason to increase in the number of medical seats is to maintain the teacher-student ratio. This step has been taken by the medical council of India to make a balance. This increase in medical seats will be beneficial for the PG aspirants.

 

 

As per the latest notification, it is noticed that there will be around 2100 medical seats all across the state. 70% of which will be in the clinical stream and the rest 30% will be in the nonclinical stream. Last year there were vacant seats only in the clinical stream. Around 800 seats were empty, the centralized admission committed made counseling of those vacant seats for PG courses.

Facebook Comments

690 comments