The following scholarship and grant possibilities can be found to senior high school and college students associated with music education and music performance. These are generally supplied right right here when it comes to capability of Tri-M Honor Society and NAfME Collegiate people. To learn more about these scholarships, please look at the internet sites referenced. Understand of the scholarship or informative essay outline high school possibility that needs to be included with this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click a category below to look at scholarships:
Scholarships for Senior School Juniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for senior high school performers.
- The champion shall appear being a visitor soloist aided by the U.S. aquatic Band and get a money award. Available to senior high school performers (grades 9–12) enrolled throughout the 2017–2018 scholastic 12 months. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: November 15
This yearly springtime event provides pupils the opportunity to audition for a number of college/university music programs from around the world. You are able to audition for as much associated with the participating schools while you like. You’ll additionally find out more about each one of the represented programs.
This scholarship offers prize cash to pupils whom write an essay of 250 terms or less on a music theme. The 20th essay that is annual will commence September 1, 2019.
- Chosen pupils win a $1,000 scholarship and music items with regards to their college music system.
- Public and private college pupils in grades 4–12 qualify.
- Deadline: 31 december
The Davidson Fellowship is available to pupils who are able to show noteworthy achievements through the creation of the “significant piece of content” directed at enhancing the everyday lives of other people in a number of subject matter, including music. A “significant good article” in music could be a performance that is exemplary another demonstration of extraordinary achievement.
- Honors are issued when you look at the level of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Candidates must certanly be beneath the chronilogical age of 18 to be eligible for this honor.
- Deadline: February 13
Every year, outstanding young artists with disabilities, many years 14-25, are acquiesced by the VSA International younger Soloists Competition. The Kennedy Center selects as much as four champions from about the planet. Candidates can put on being an instrumental or soloist that is vocal or as ensembles. Your competitors is available to all genres. Chosen artists winnings a $2,500 award, expert development activities, additionally the possibility to perform during the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Any musician with a impairment is qualified to apply as either a domestic applicant or an applicant that is international. Your competitors is available to soloists in addition to ensembles all the way to five users. For ensembles to meet the requirements, a minumum of one musician should have an impairment, and all sorts of known users needs to be between your ages of 14-25.
All genres of music are accepted, including although not restricted to classical, jazz, hip-hop, rap, rock/alt stone, pop, indie, bluegrass, people, nation, R&B/blues, Latin, and World
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Application information can be bought from the VSA site.
These scholarships can be found to users of the Tri-M® musical Honor Society, program of NAfME. The scholarship system provides scholarship money for summer time research programs to chapters that win certainly one of three recognitions during the nationwide degree in each unit: senior (senior high school) and junior (middle school). Scholarship cash is granted by the advisors associated with the winning chapters to deserving pupils.
- Start and then people in the Tri-M musical Honor Society.
- Champions have actually the opportunity to win as much as $1,000 in scholarship funds for summer time music research.
- Deadline: Might 3
The Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge can be a effort associated with the National Endowment for the creative Arts partnering utilizing the United states Theatre Wing as well as in collaboration with Playbill, Inc. and Disney Theatrical Productions. The Songwriting Challenge is a nationwide competition for senior school pupils who’ve a passion for composing tracks that would be element of a theater production that is musical. This system provides six semi-finalists mentorship opportunities with expert songwriters and artists therefore the possibility to have a song that is original by those artists.
The nationwide Champion will likely be awarded a scholarship of $25,000 and all sorts of six finalists could have their track posted by Samuel French. The application portal starts in October and must certanly be submitted by April 30. Six local semi-finalists are going to be established in February in addition to competition that is national the six local semi-finalists is likely to be held in April in nyc.
Southern California senior high school pupils of all of the ability amounts ought to use 100% free. Significantly more when compared to a competition, Spotlight is really a scholarship and arts training curriculum, which empowers students by emphasizing planning, courage, critical reasoning and perseverance while supplying an excellent window of opportunity for pupils to hone their abilities! $100,000 in money scholarships are granted each to students year. Individualized feedback, master classes with globally renowned designers, doing arts workshops and much more!
- Deadline: 14 october
- Each category is bound to 400 candidates
Community Service/Extracurricular Strategies Oriented-Scholarships
Will you be a school music student that is high? Do you wish to figure out how to travel? Get your music director to nominate you for the FMA Solo Scholarship. In cooperation with FMA’s members that are corporate sponsors nationwide, this system will fund scholarships to juniors or seniors in twelfth grade who’ve been selected by their music manager.
The Tribute Award Scholarship Program is available to senior school juniors that have actually a minimal 2.75 GPA and intend on attending a certified official certification, licensing or training course or organization of advanced schooling. In addition, the prospect must show success in most associated with four following areas: special talents, leadership, community solution, and hurdles overcome.
- Scholarships of $25,000 can be obtained.
- Due dates: The Sweepstakes starts on February 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, stops on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and is made from twelve (12) month-to-month entry durations.
Sponsored together with the nationwide Association of Secondary class Principals, these honors honor people that are young grades 5 through 12 who possess volunteered inside their communities. This award program could be the country’s largest volunteer recognition system for teenagers.
Pupils preparing travel that is educational but requiring monetary help can use for the “Road” Scholarship provided by the SYTA Youth Foundation, Inc. (SYF). The SYF provides scholarships 3 x per year. Music directors, teachers, principals, as well as other youth leaders can submit nominations.
- Pupils 25 and under who will be taking part in pupil team travel qualify.
- Honors as much as $1,000 can be obtained.
- Due Dates: March 15, November 15
Scholarships for Senior School Seniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for highschool performers.
- The champion will appear as being a visitor soloist because of the U.S. aquatic Band and get a money prize. Available to twelfth grade artists (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 year that is academic. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may apply.
- Deadline: November 15
The scholarship competition is ready to accept twelfth grade seniors from Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana who want to pursue levels in music (traditional, jazz, or other) at a certified four-year university with a music program acknowledged by the nationwide Association of Schools of musical, or perhaps a conservatory with a more popular nationwide profile including the Juilliard class, Curtis Institute of musical, or perhaps the brand brand New England Conservatory.
- First award is $20,000; second award is $12,500; and 3rd reward is $7,500.
- Included in the application procedure, pupils have to submit an audition video clip. Semi-finalists will soon be invited to execute in a daylong event of music at Walk Festival Hall in Jackson Hole on Saturday, June 8, 2019, where they will certainly compete for the scholarship award cash right in front of GTMF’s panel of known judges and an audience that is live.
- Deadline: April 1, 2019, 11:59 PM MDT
This prize is provided to graduating school that is high or first-year students whom plan to make music a central section of their future life.
- Candidates submit audition CDs or tapes; finalists compete in Clarinda, Iowa; and 3 instrumentalists and 3 vocalists are selected to execute in the Glenn Miller Festival. Champions receive as much as $4,500.
- Deadline: March 1
This scholarship offers prize cash to pupils whom compose an essay of 250 terms or less on a music theme.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 music and scholarship items with regards to their college music system.
- Public and personal college pupils in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: 31 december